WindFarm Prayer Requests

Need Prayer for Peace
I haven't yet asked for a prayer for myself, but I need some for faith and reassurance. Lately I've been very down on myself and I'm my own worst enemy when it comes to being critical of myself. Nonetheless, I experience the problems of trying to be a spiritual person in a physical world and I tend to become discouraged with myself and my progress. Sometimes, two steps forward, one step back, other times one step forward, two steps back. I know I'm not the only one who experiences such things, but I'm asking for prayer to help me through this time of particular low self-esteem/low self-worth.
ILJ 07/11/2012 16:48

Replies:
Kris 07/11/2012 20:02
Praying for you, Dennis. We all have difficulties walking out our faith in the world we live in. Millions of distractions around us to keep us from seeking the Lord. I have found that turning off my TV in the evenings gives me more time to spend with my God. It wasn't an easy but now it's like I have always done it. As God's children we must not let ourselves get so immersed in this short journey here on earth. The real prize is eternity with our Heavenly Father.
Davidwayne Lackey 07/11/2012 23:58
Amen kris !!!

Dennis we live for the life to come in eternity. We are all loved and cared for equally. God does not have favorites, He cares as much for you as Abraham or any other. Low self esteem is a self inflicted malady. You are the apple of God's eye, the center of His attention. You are special, God's creation and God does not make junk. Do not sell yourself short, as a child of God you are somebody and will always be. When you fail remind your self of these true facts. We all fail but with a just and faithful God we are also forgiven everytime we ask for it and given renewed strength to get back up and continue on in the race to the end. Praying for you now.
Shirley 07/12/2012 07:21
Dennis, We are all becoming more like Christ. We examine ourselves in the light of his word. He examines us and directs us in paths of growth. Being here at DAB is one of his wonderful directions in my life. Probably in yours too. I recognize that because I can't wait to get here. Like a kid running toward something that is wonderful. If Satan is dinging on an area where you still have room to grow, I believe you can lay that before God and wait patiently on him to work his will in your life.
ILJ 07/12/2012 07:51
Thanks so much for the words of encouragement; they really mean a lot to me. Davidwayne, I agree that low self-esteem is a self inflicted malady, too and it takes a while to overcome that, often years of discovery as to what causes a person to think that way, so I do work on that every day. But being human, I slip back to poor thinking and just getting caught up in the world. I do my best to try to focus on the "eternal" aspect and find that when I do, it just gives new perspective to things and gives me comfort. I find that I'm much more critical of myself falling and I do constantly ask and plead for forgiveness; sometimes forgiving one's self is more difficult than anything else and that's just the way I am but try very desperately to overcome that character trait. While I'm not a "bad" person in any way, I do unfortunately think often about some words to a Tim McGraw song called "Angel Boy" which say, "I've held the hand of the devil, felt his breath on my skin, dip me into the water, wash me again, can I still be forgiven for all of my sins, or have I gone too far now; have I lost my wings?" I fully believe in forgiveness through Christ; forgiveness through self is more difficult for me and something that I need to overcome. Thanks again to everyone for your kind words.
Kurt 07/12/2012 09:51
Praying for you too Dennis. This life is a struggle, and at times it is like we walk into a dry arid desert where we feel more vulnerable. I know I feel that way. Praying for you too that you will feel it in your heart that you are a child of the Living God, that you are forgiven, treasured, and loved by the body of Christ. Praying that God will help you to see your many strengths and spiritual gifts, and let your weaknesses be something that continually draws you to him in prayer and fellowship with the Lord. God Bless
Tom B 07/15/2012 06:49
I know those feelings too sometimes Dennis. I am praying with you today.
Misty Asplund 07/15/2012 11:42
Praying for you too Dennis.
start of topic